You will work with national and international directors to get to know their visual language and gain insights into their creative process. Translate our directors‘ visions for their projects into gorgeous presentations, scour the internets for the perfect mood images, give visual suggestions of how a film could look like and cast everything into a coherent directors interpretation aka treatment. The work is similar to designing for a magazine, so editorial designers are very welcome!
You’ll also be working on The Marmalade’s branding and corporate design including self promotional print projects and merchandise in close collaboration with our creative department.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent skills in Adobe CC (Indesign / Photoshop) as well as in Keynote/PowerPoint/GoogleDocs.
- Strong layout and typography skills.
- Interest in and familiarity with the latest visual trends in film, photography and advertising.
- You take well to feedback and you’re working in an organized and self-reliant manner.
- You feel confident in written and spoken English (German is a bonus.)
- EU citizenship or an existing German work permit is a must!
- Editing skills in DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere are a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication design or graphic design is welcomed.
- Experience in a commercial production house or advertising agency is a bonus.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
At The Marmalade we love our work, have each other’s back and often go the extra mile. With all departments in the commercial film production process collaborating under one roof, you get the chance to follow a project from the initial concept phase to the final delivery. You’ll learn to collaborate with and gain knowledge from experts in filmmaking, compositing, CGI, robotics, woodworking, special effects, animation, design and more. And we encourage people who are eager to learn from these resources in order to create their own path and to find their own super power :)
You enjoy taking initiative and working independently to create beautiful mood boards and layouts? You are
passionate about film, and stay up to date with the latest production houses and new commercials? Then please apply with your complete and informative portfolio and CV, stating your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org contact: Sara Hellmers.
We look forward to hearing from you!